There is something about California, and more specifically the salt air, that gives me life. I love the West Coast… the beach, the mountains, the concrete metropolis, and just the general attitude of Californians. I lived out there for a few years while finishing up my undergrad, and while I’ve technically lived in North Carolina longer than anywhere else, I still consider SoCal home.
So when a friend and event planner of mine asked if I was up for shooting a conference in San Diego I leapt at the opportunity. Seeing as how the conference started on Monday, it was only fitting to fly in a few days early and do some sightseeing – and some seeing of old friends. Since I’m obsessed with palm trees, sunsets and sunshine, it felt only fitting to share some of my favorite images from my California adventure!
Things to do in California:
– In n Out (seriously, it was my first stop after getting off the plane)
– Donut Man (hello, strawberries on donuts… why didn’t we think of this sooner?)
– The Rock, Anaheim (my old church, and still my favorite church. Pastor Jerry has built a solid congregation that knows the word and knows how to worship. If I still lived there, we would still be attending).
– Downtown Disney (beignets, mexican food, roxy and star wars all in the same place. It’s magical).
– La Jolla Beach (there are no words. rocks, water, sunsets… <3).
– Pacific Beach Boardwalk (it’s a concoction of cheap food, souvenir shops, people watching, surfing, swimming, and sunshine).
One day we’ll be back in California, but until then I have these images to keep me company and jog my memory. Make sure you check my instagram for the more personal posts!